Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Final Elections Blog

I had crow for breakfast this morning. It was too late and past dinner time when the election was called last night. I was skeptical that the electorate would choose an African American to the White House. I was convinced that the “Bradley Effect” would rob the Democrats of a victory. I was convinced that the Democrats would find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I was convinced that we would wake up this morning and have another white male in the White House.

I had crow for breakfast this morning, and I’m glad I did!!!

I watched the election coverage on the CNN and FOX and passed up on Stewart and Colbert on the Comedy Channel. Hopefully, Stewart/Colbert do a re-run and I get to watch it sometime later this week. FOX’s coverage actually appeared to be fair and balanced, for a change. The highlight of their coverage was Fred Barnes’ rant about early voters. Turns out that Barnes himself voted early! The other panel members called him out on it and made him look like an idiot….not that he needed much help! CNN used a hologram of some of their reporters. It was cheesy….a throwback to Princess Lea in the first Start Wars…..but I still thought it was cool.

McCain looked like a beaten man last night, but his concession speech was class and dignity personified:
In a contest as long and difficult as this campaign has been, his success alone commands my respect for his ability and perseverance. But that he managed to do so by inspiring the hopes of so many millions of Americans who had once wrongly believed that they had little at stake or little influence in the election of an American president is something I deeply admire and commend him for achieving.”

Obama was equally gracious in his acceptance speech:
Senator McCain fought long and hard in this campaign. And he's fought even longer and harder for the country that he loves. He has endured sacrifices for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine. We are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader.”

It’s the dawn of a new era in America.



Please stop by for superb fashion jewelry and high-quality inexpensive MP3 players.

No comments: