Saturday, September 27, 2008

The first presidential debate....

Well, after all the drama, the first Presidential debate finally happened last night. I watched the whole debate, albeit with one eye and ear on my laptop!

Overall, I thought both candidates did quite well. McCain appeared poised and decisive, and Obama’s answers were succinct and to-the-point. Other than partisan supporters on both sides, I don’t think anyone in the middle would pick a winner, and I don’t think this debate changed any minds.

I did think that Obama missed several opportunities to make McCain squirm:

Take a page out of Kerry’s speech and the convention and point out the differences between “Senator” McCain and “Candidate” McCain (pro-choice vs. overturn Roe v. Wade; oppose the Bush tax cuts then support the Bush tax cuts, etc. etc.)
Press McCain on the fact that McCain and Bush were wrong when it came to the initial reasons for the war in Iraq. When McCain states that he wants to look forward and not back, push the notion that McCain will be as impulsive as Bush in taking the nation to war, without heeding US intelligence and world view and intelligence
Press that idea that McCain believes that the middle class starts at $5 Million, and that according to McCain, 95% of the country is below middle class.

Will be interesting to see how both camps and their surrogates in the media spin the debate on the Sunday shows.


http://www.azjewelrystore.com/index_files/HotItems.htm
www.gizmocentral.com

No comments: